Friday, July 9, 2010

[SoUl]

Have you often wondered about the future? We could get so hyped up talking about it as the possibilities are so massive and unlimited. We could just sit back and indulge in thoughts of what sort of house we want, which car model, our ideal spouse (or spouses if you wish) and you would just think and think and picture and think more and then add in more details and picture it all over again and think and think some more. @_@



My point in writing this isn’t to bring you on a labyrinth of mind adventure, though if I did, I must have overlooked. And overlooking is a grave mistake that should never be attempted at all cost as it is very costly to be overlooking things, which brings me back to what I have been having in mind, before all these irritating ‘over looking’s are starting to take over the rail.

Now my second question, and the main I dare say, is WHAT MAKES US ALL SO SURE THAT TOMORROW WILL COME? The sense of reassurance is overpowering that it has succeeded in blinding us all. I must admit that I used to be positively sure that I can live for at least 10 more years, expecting those years to not change much, picturing my family together just as it is now, and me working my butt off at a hospital in the future, with mortgages and installments queuing to be cleared, etc. Funny though, just as a side note, I have no thoughts of ever getting tied to marriage and the picture of building a family never crossed my mind.





I believe that what governs our mind is the routine of ‘ideal life’ we have all been expecting, unless you are on drugs or your brain works in funny ways or is really just a messy mass of cells, or you suffer from a terminal disease, we would somehow or another, at one point or another in life, come to think of the future.

The horror of NOT having one sinks in, I think, when I was in early secondary, after reading this book from Nicholas Sparks, coupled with the unhealthy overexposure to news of murder cases, freak accidents that killed many, and pandemic diseases that just sprout out of nowhere. Scary, isn’t it, when you picture yourself in their shoes, and yet what to do? We still have to embrace Life, as well as the Death that is attached to its hip like an annoying lap dog.






And then my thoughts just propelled themselves further. As if the idea of me dying before my goals can be accomplished and before I could return my family their favor for raising me up so well, isn’t gory enough, the idea of my loved ones leaving abruptly just has to make its way into my chain of troubled thoughts. Probably by now, people might have judged that I’m bringing myself all these problems which don’t even exist in the first place. Serve her right. Who asked her to think negative?

Now here comes the core of all these bunch of merry-go-rounds and time travel. The main point that I intend to say all along is this. Never assume tomorrow will greet you. Never be comforted that tomorrow, I can still do this, I can still do that. Never let yourself fall into a routine. And lastly, never assume that the one you love or have a crush on or the one that you care about will be there tomorrow.

So whatever it is, just live each day as if it’s your last and don’t leave out anything to be done tomorrow, especially mending a relationship or even, developing one. Life is an ambiguity and is not forever, so it’s time you treasure yours.




Finally, thanks for reading.




KJJ Lover signs out.

2 comments: